We collect a variety of information about you, including:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, phone number; user name, password; and date of birth.
- Information you provide directly to us by contacting us, registering or subscribing for CBS Services.
- Information about your computer and browsing activities on the CBS Services, including information collected automatically through cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies or from third parties who enable us to provide you access to CBS Services.
- Information about you from other third-party sources , including your personal information if you access a CBS Service through social networking services such as Facebook and Twitter.
Use of Information
The purpose for which we use the personal information we collect will depend on the particular interaction you have with CBS Services. We use the information we collect to:
- Provide, promote and improve the CBS services you request.
- Tell you about offers we think you will value.
- Customize the content and advertising you see when you use CBS Services.
- Process payments you make.
- And, as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or with your consent.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose your personal information:
- Where we have obtained your consent, including with video content and social networking services as described in our Video Services Policy.
- To our third-party service providers, such as those that manage our IT and Human Resources information.
- To business partners who sponsor a sweepstakes, contests, or promotions, or who jointly offer a service or feature with a CBS Service.
- If a CBS Service is sold to another company.
- To protect or defend the rights of CBS or our users.
- When required by law or public authorities.
- If you choose to share contact information with us, you will have the opportunity to update that information.
- You can stop the delivery of commercial email or text messages from CBS Services by following the instructions in any such email or text message you receive.
- You have choices about the collection and use of your information by third parties to display relevant advertisements, as described in our overview of Third Party Online Advertising.
- You also may choose to opt out of the use of certain data that we collect to customize advertising. To opt out, visit the CBS Advertising Opt-Out page.
- CBS is committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any privacy concern.
- In most instances, we will give you access to the personal information that we hold about you. We will take reasonable steps to correct it if we consider it is incorrect.
- We have adopted commercially reasonable procedures to help protect your information, but please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- If you have any complaints about how we have handled your personal information, we will respond to the complaint within 30 days.
INFORMATION FOR OUR VISITORS FROM AUSTRALIA
CBS acknowledges that its related companies, parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates formed under the laws of Australia or otherwise operating in Australia (including, without limitation, the entities listed below) (collectively, “CBS Australia”) are subject to the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act).
We maintain records of personal information we have collected. You can gain access to the personal information held by CBS about you in two ways. If you have registered as a CBS member or subscriber, most information held by CBS about you can be viewed and changed directly by you by logging into the relevant Website or Application and reviewing your account information. Except in some limited circumstances such as where the information is commercially sensitive, other personal information held by CBS about you is available by contacting the CBS Australia Privacy Officer. Contact details for the CBS Australia Privacy Officer can be found below.
You can submit a request for access to your personal information to the CBS Australia Privacy Officer. We will process a request for access as quickly as possible. We reserve the right to impose a reasonable charge for processing and collating personal information, where appropriate and permitted under the Privacy Act.
If you inform us that the information we hold is incorrect we will, if appropriate, amend those records.
THIRD-PARTY ONLINE ADVERTISING
In Australia, the Australian Digital Advertising Alliance (“ADAA”) has developed the Australian Guideline for Third Party Online Behavioural Advertising. More information and an opt out page to manage online behavioral advertising preferences with ADAA member companies are available at www.youronlinechoices.com.au.
If you need further assistance, please contact us. If you would prefer to submit your questions or comments by mail, please send a letter to the address below:
CBS Australia Privacy Officer Network Ten Pty Limited 1 Saunders Street Pyrmont, NSW 2009 GPO BOX 10, Sydney, NSW 2001
AUSTRALIAN COMPANIES COVERED BY THIS POLICY
- CBS Interactive Pty Limited (ABN 41 092 094 525)
- Network Ten Pty Limited (ABN 91 052 515 250)